What is Phab National Charity
Phab’s aim is to promote and encourage people of all abilities to come together on equal terms, to achieve complete inclusion within the wider community. Phab celebrated its Golden Jubilee in 2007, having been established in 1957.
Phab creates opportunities for children and adults of all abilities to enjoy life together by …
Supporting a network of around 180 clubs throughout England and Wales for all age-ranges, offering activities and holidays which members can share and enjoy together.
Promoting and encouraging self-confidence and independence in young people of all abilities through a range of diverse projects.
Funding special residential breaks – inclusive experiences for disabled and non-disabled children and young people to share in a full range of adventurous outdoor activities at fully accessible activity centres offering specialist tuition.
Providing specially equipped and fully accessible holiday units at an award-winning beach site in Dorset at affordable weekly rates.
Organising national and regional events for Phab club members and supporters to enjoy together and to promote the Phab philosophy of inclusion.
What is Phab?
- Phab is a National Charity providing social activities for people with and without disabilities, supported from a Head Office In Surrey, Croydon. Phab achieves this through a nationwide network of around 180 Phab Clubs throughout England and Wales for all age ranges offering social activities and holidays.
To view Phab Clubs in your area, follow this link
|Phab National North West Representative is Rebecca Hargreaves, National Project ManagerTel: 01254 824784 Mob: 07875 140898Email: email@example.com|
When was Phab formed?
- Phab was founded in 1957 resulting from a young disabled man, called Terry Rolfe, saying he wanted “Opportunity and not Pity”.
Who supports Phab Nationally?
- Lord Snowdon is Phab’s Patron. Former DJ Ed Stewart is the Phab President.
What Phab Does Nationally – for Phab Clubs: www.phab.org.uk
- Produces an online guide for anyone who is thinking of
starting or is already running a Phab club
- Provides Regional Officers to assist set up new clubs and provide advice and support to established clubs
- Organises national and regional events for Phab club members
- Provides some administrative support to Phab Clubs
- Provides auditor for club accounts
- Negotiates club insurance
- Produces a twice yearly newspaper (KIT – Keeping In Touch) Spring and Autumn –
to view the latest edition of Keeping In Touch Magazine : Click here
Chester Adult Phab Club are featured on page 6 of Autumn 2014 – Keeping in Touch Magazine
- Provides specially equipped and fully accessible holiday units at an award-winning beach site in Dorset at affordable weekly rates – for more details Click here
- Funding residential breaks – inclusive experiences for children and young people with and without disabilities sharing in a full range of adventurous outdoor activities. These activities are at fully accessible activity centres offering specialist tuition
- Supports fundraising activities
- Provides web space and common address for club websites